If your work experience is less than 5 years and you have not completed an Undergraduate degree, refer to our Mature Age Entry checklist.
Working Professionals Checklist:
1. Search the courses available by looking through the Postgraduate areas of study:
If you have significant work experience and an Undergraduate degree, search for the Graduate Diplomas and Masters courses available. If your work experience is over 5 years, you may be eligible for a Postgraduate degree at UWS - search through the Graduate Certificates available.
- Arts and Humanities Postgraduate Courses
- Business Postgraduate Courses
- Communication, Design and Media Postgraduate Courses
- Engineering and Built Environment Postgraduate Courses
- Health Science Postgraduate Courses
- Information Technology and Computing Postgraduate Courses
- Nursing and Midwifery Postgraduate Courses
- Psychology Postgraduate Courses
- Research Studies Postgraduate Courses
- Social Science Postgraduate Courses
- Teaching and Education Postgraduate Courses
- TESOL, Interpreting and Translation Postgraduate Courses
- Therapeutic Studies and Counselling Postgraduate Courses
2. Consider the course fees - Postgraduate course fees vary depending on the course and study load of the student. Information on Postgraduate course fees is available on the UWS Current Students Fees page.
If the course you are interested in is has Commonwealth Supported Places available (see the spreadsheet available at UWS Current Students Fees), information on student contribution amounts and payment options for prospective students is available at the external Study Assist website (opens in a new window).
4. Attend Events - The Postgraduate Information Evening is held in October each year and prospective students are invited to find out more about our courses, speak one on one with Academic staff members and speak with the Admissions team about applications. The UWS Events page has more information about this event and you are able to register online.
5. Find out about Student Life at UWS. Navigate the Student Life pages to find out about the support services that are available to current UWS students; the facilities that UWS has and examples of current student experiences.
Once you have all the information you need - you are ready to apply online to the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens in a new window). On the UAC site, select 'I'm a Postgraduate' then Apply.
Always remember, if you have any questions on courses, how to apply or events, call the UWS Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org