- iPad initiative
- Apply Now
- - Arts Courses
- - Business Courses
- - Communication Arts Courses
- - Engineering, Information and Communications Technology Courses
- - Forensics Courses
- - Health Science, Nursing and Sport Science Courses
- - Law Courses
- - Medicine Courses
- - Policing and Criminology Courses
- - Psychology Courses
- Sciences Courses
- - Bachelor of Medical Science
- - Bachelor of Medical Science (Advanced)
- - Bachelor of Natural Science (Advanced)
- - Bachelor of Natural Science (Animal Science)
- - Bachelor of Natural Science (Environment and Health)
- - Bachelor of Natural Science (Environmental Management)
- - Bachelor of Natural Science (Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security)
- - Bachelor of Science
- - Bachelor of Science (Advanced Science)
- - Bachelor of Science (Biological Sciences)
- - Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
- - Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science)
- - Bachelor of Science (Forensic Science)
- - Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Science)
- - Bachelor of Science (Nutrition and Food Sciences)
- - Bachelor of Science (Zoology)
- - Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts
- - Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- - Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws
- - Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of International Studies
- - Bachelor of Science / Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- - Social Sciences Courses
- - Teaching and Education Courses
- - Tourism and Urban Planning Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Research Courses
- UWSCollege Courses
- Pathways to UWS
- Why UWS?
- Life at UWS
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at UWS
- Contact UWS
Bachelor of Medical Science (Advanced)
The UWS Advanced Medical Science degree allows all the flexibility of the Medical Science degree and is designed for high achieving students who want to extend themselves.
This is a challenging program that includes advanced coursework, extension activities and additional research training.
This degree allows students to focus on biomedical science, medicinal chemistry, anatomy & physiology, or nanotechnology. Each area focuses on aspects of health and disease. Students also undertake project work across a range of laboratories during each semester in Years 2 and 3.
Each year a number of interview places for admission to the UWS Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery will be reserved for students in the first year of the Advanced Medical Science program who meet specified criteria.
|Delivery Mode||On campus||On campus|
|Location||Campbelltown or Hawkesbury campus||Campbelltown or Hawkesbury campus|
|Duration||3 Years Full Time
||3 Years Full Time|
|3682.1 [CRICOS Code 075674D]|
90.10 ATAR [Campbelltown]
|Please refer to Admission Requirements|
|Fee Information||Local Course Fees (opens in a new window)||
International Course Fees (opens in a new window)
A Career in Advanced Medical Science
Graduates of this degree will find employment in areas related to their area of focus, such as various medical research, biotechnology, quality control, hospital and pathology laboratories; and be well suited for positions in the pharmaceutical or medical sales. Additionally, this degree specifically prepares graduates for entry into an Honours program and a career in research.
How to Apply
All domestic applications for entry to UWS undergraduate courses must be made through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens in a new window). Step by step instructions are available on the Apply Now pages.
If you are interested in completing a higher research degree, for example Masters Honours, information is accessible from UWS Research (opens in a new window).