- iPad initiative
- Apply Now
- Undergraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Research Courses
- UWSCollege Courses
- Pathways to UWS
- Why UWS?
- Life at UWS
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at UWS
- Contact UWS
Life at UWS
Modern, people-friendly hubs of activity. That sums up our distinctive campuses located across Western Sydney. Whether you prefer the ultra-modern and hi-tech or the beautiful, pastoral and serene, you are sure to find a campus where you feel at home. Dynamic, exciting and culturally diverse, our campuses are also friendly and inviting, with room to think, room to breathe and room to be yourself.
Students can enjoy a university experience like no other at UWS. While UWS is one of Sydney’s most accessible metropolitan universities, each campus is directly linked to the local community, and reflects the cultural diversity, energy and growth of the region.
Each campus has its own character and offers different facilities, but at all you can access libraries, gyms, computer labs, wireless internet, cafes, bars, tennis courts and open space. Read our campus profiles to see examples of the facilities and services which will help you achieve your degree of success.
As a modern university, our aim is to combine vibrant, inspiring learning environments with world-class facilities, equipment and technology to enable you to gain practical experience and put learning into action.
The School of Medicine, the Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment, the Institute for Culture and Society, the MARCS Institute, moot courts, nursing laboratories, the Confocal Bio-Imaging Facility, Biomedical Magnetic Resonance Facility, language labs, conference interpreting facilities, and Robotic Assembly Laboratory are just some of the amazing facilities you will have access to as a student at UWS.
Putting learning into practice
- The next generation of doctors train in the anatomy labs and other practical facilities at the $52 million state-of-the-art Medical School at the Campbelltown campus
- Nursing students learn about life on the ward, working in an exact replica of a hospital ward, and gain essential practical experience in laboratories at the Campbelltown, Bankstown, Hawkesbury and Parramatta campuses
- Media students let their creativity run wild in the $2 million convergent media studio complex, equipped with recording, post-production, broadcast and narrowcast facilities
- Exercise and sports science students get hands-on with equipment to measure a whole spectrum of factors relating to sport and physical activity, as well as physical and biomedical indicators
- Forensic science students conduct realistic crime scene investigation – preparing them well for the real thing – at the Crime Scene House
- Law students practise their closing addresses in the Moot Court at the Parramatta campus
- Health and medical students treat members of the general public in the UniClinic at the Campbelltown campus
- Community TV station TVS broadcasts direct from the Penrith campus
- On-campus computer labs are open 22 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 2,000 computers are available for student use
- Wireless email and internet access on all campuses
- Cutting-edge computer software packages
- Accommodation on all campuses
- Campuses across Greater Western Sydney
- Careers services
- Chaplaincy services
- Childcare services on five campuses
- Clubs and Societies (opens in a new window) for students
- Counselling services
- Disability services
- Learning and Teaching Unit
- Sports and leisure facilities (opens in a new window)
- Student Exchange programs